I enjoyed the new Captain America movie quite a bit. But I knew its soundtrack was missing something.
These are tears streaming down my face
I cried. I am still crying. I will forever be crying at this.
This is why you need to bind safely. The damage in the first picture is not the result of binding over numerous years with a simple binder. It’s the result of unsafe and irresponsible binding. Bind safely.
OH MY GOD I’M SHRIEKING THIS CAN’T FUCKING HAPPEN
It most certainly can.
In stead of just saying BIND SAFELY you should explain the safe and in safe ways to bind.
1. Bind using only an actual binder (make sure you measure and get the proper size), or tight-ish sports bra in a pinch. You want something that compresses while still having give so that your lungs can expand.
2. Never use ace bandages/belts/tape/etc to bind.
3. Do not sleep in your binder.
4. Do not wear your binder for long periods of time. I’ve seen 8 hours mentioned as the max amount of time. Learn to read your body. Some people cannot handle binding for even 8 hours but ignore the signs and injure themselves.
5. Whenever you take your binder off give a few big coughs, this well help to break up any fluid that may have settled in your lungs.
That’s all I can think of atm, but I think I’ve covered the basics.
I’m not tagging this for followers I just want all of you that bind hard to be careful.
FUCKING REBLOG THE SHIT OUT OF THIS
when i was young and stupid, I used duct tape to bind. NEVER EVER DO THIS CHILDREN. i couldn’t breathe, i could barely move, it cut into me so hard that sometimes i bled, it was so hot i got blisters, i would sometimes cry because of how much pain i was in, and it left my breasts numb in some places because of how tight it was. It killed nerve endings in my chest.
PLEASE. PLEEEEEAAAAAASE SPREAD THE WORD. PRACTICE SAFE BINDING METHODS.
I used ace bandages and sports bras to bind when I did drag in my teens. I’m a 36D and I ended up causing permanent damage because I bound them too tightly- The result being that I don’t even bother doing drag anymore. A friend of mine dislocated a rib because of her binding.
Here is a good resource for binders. Stay safe, kids.
so my mom was telling one of her coworkers about my “unhealthy” obsession with Supernatural so they both spent like a solid week putting together all the music from each season for me
EDIT: PLEASE READ